Universal City, California – On the heels of the very successful airing of The Sound of Music Live! in December 2013, NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt announced that the network will present a new television production of the classic musical Peter Pan as a live telecast on December 4, 2014.
Multi-award-winning producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, who produced The Sound of Music Live!, will again executive produce the production. Casting is currently on a fast track.
The Sound of Music Live! starring Carrie Underwood averaged a phenomenal 5.6 rating in adults 18-49 and 22 million viewers overall in the live-plus-7 totals from itsDecember 5 telecast.
“We’re very pleased to be underway on Peter Pan as our next live holiday musical for the whole family,” said Greenblatt. “We were all delighted to see how The Sound of Music Live! struck such a chord in December and brought nearly 19 million people to the live telecast plus another several million viewers over the weekend. In the hopes that lightning strikes twice, we think we’ve landed on another great Broadway musical — which ironically also starred Mary Martin — that is a timeless classic for all audiences, young and old, who just never want to grow up.”
“We’re thrilled to be reteaming with NBC and Bob Greenblatt in bringing Peter Panback to its roots as a live television event,” said Zadan and Meron. “We hope to create the joy that has made this musical so beloved. We would like a whole new generation to experience Peter Pan and for families across the country to share the magic.”
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 193 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 113 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 105 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 47 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020