Foxtel Australia and TVA Group Canada acquire Keshet’s “Girlfri3nds UK”
Keshet International (KI), the global distribution and production arm of Israel’s Keshet Media Group, has sold ITV2 UK’s version of its successful dating format Girlfri3nds to TVA Group in Canada and the premium Australian subscription television network, Foxtel.
TVA Group has bought the complete first and second UK seasons of the show (16 x 1 hour) for its MOI&cie subscription channel (Oprah The Big Interview, One Born Every Minute) and began airing season one this month under the French title Célibatair3s. Foxtel has acquired season one (8 x 1 Hour) and will premiere the show on its LifeStyle YOU channel (Dance Moms, The Only Way Is Essex and Embarrassing Bodies) this year.
The first series of Girlfri3nds in the UK averaged 445,000 viewers and a 1.7% share, regularly adding a further 400,000 viewers watching repeats during the week of transmission. The series peaked with the season finale which drew 552,000 and a 2.3% share. The second UK series maintained the series and drew a similar share for its season finale. Across the second series, including repeats, Girlfri3nds reached 5.4m individuals and 1.7m of which were aged between 16-34.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 115 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 71 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 63 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 58 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021