“The Sound of Music Live!” delivers ratings for NBC
Universal City, California – Led by Sunday Night Football and The Sound of Music Live!, NBC has finished #1 in adults 18-49 and total viewers for the primetime week of Dec. 2-8, ranking #1 or tied for #1 among the Big 4 networks in 18-49 on six of seven nights for the week.
According to The New York Times, the crucial element to the success of the programme was securing Carrie Underwood, the country music star who played Maria, the role which was previously made famous by Julie Andrews in the 1965 movie. The New York Times mentions that the executives of the show said that the ratings were three times higher than what they had predicted, and Carrie Underwood had delivered her audience for the show.
The New York Times also reports that the reason that Carrie Underwood was picked was because other stars that were suggested for the role, would not have set aside the 10 months required to prepare for the live performance.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020