Walt Disney partners Netflix for original Marvel series
Burbank, California – The Walt Disney Co. and Netflix Inc. have announced a deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvel’s most popular characters exclusively to leading internet TV network Netflix beginning in 2015. This agreement will see Marvel develop four serialised programmes leading to a miniseries programming event.
Led by a series focused on “Daredevil” followed by “Jessica Jones”, “Iron Fist” and “Luke Cage”, the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen-episode series and a culminating Marvel’s The Defenders mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.
Produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios, this deal is Marvel’s most ambitious foray yet into live-action TV storytelling.
“This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel’s brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel’s specialty,” said Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment. “This serialised epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what’s sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure.”
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 61 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 58 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 53 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 49 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020