Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific has launched [adult swim] in Australia, the first market in the region to experience its fan-boy humour. [adult swim] exists entirely online, as an on-demand video platform to address an increasing appetite for unbundled short-form content.
The brand is a multi-platform digital offering delivering a catalogue of more than 1,500 unique, edgy and engaging animated videos. The content is available free of charge and any mobile device including iOS, Android and Windows 8 PC and phone.
Commenting on the launch, Jeremy Carr, Turner’s Vice President for Entertainment Digital and Syndication in Asia Pacific, said, “The timing was perfect. We identified Australia as a unique market where there’s a huge demand for short-form video and it’s a great opportunity for both consumers and advertisers. This unconventional brand is basic cable’s No. 1 network with young adults in the U.S. and this success means that we have the right content to export [adult swim] internationally. We are very pleased that Australia is first on the list for Asia Pacific and we look forward to rolling it out in other markets.”
Targeting a total potential audience of almost four million and immediately enticing 40,000 redirects from the U.S. [adult swim] website, key content includes Seth Green’s highly successful Robot Chicken animated series, Harvey Birdman and Metalocalypse.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.4k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 562 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 127 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 113 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021