Singapore – The channels’ division of NBCUniversal International Television and Foxtel have announced the programming line-up for global channel brand Syfy, which will launch in HD on Foxtel on January 1, 2014. This announcement was made by Christine Fellowes, MD, Universal Networks International, Asia Pacific and Brian Walsh, Foxtel’s Executive Director of Television.
For the first time, Foxtel subscribers will be able to watch science-fiction and fantasy programming on the move – on compatible tablets and smartphones, via Foxtel Go. Syfy HD will also be available on compatible internet-connected devices through the new internet TV service, Foxtel Play as well as Foxtel on T-Box and Foxtel on Telstra Mobile. Further, the channel will be complemented by a new website available from December.
Syfy will also be the new home for the Australian premieres of Misfits (Season 5) and Haven (Season 4). Warehouse 13 (Season 5) and the second season of Defiance, starring Grant Bowler, will premiere exclusive on Syfy in mid-2014.
Syfy will also broadcast numerous fan favourites including Stargate SG-1, Torchwood, Primeval, classic Doctor Who, Sanctuary, GhostHunters International, Orphan Black and Eureka.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 47 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 40 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 33 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 31 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020