AXN tops international channel ratings across Southeast Asia
Singapore – AXN continues to be the No. 1 choice of international channel among pay-TV audiences 4+ across Southeast Asia into November 2013, excluding movie and children’s international channels, announced the network.
Based on the combined viewership data of the HD and SD feeds in Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines, AXN has delivered 3.5 times the ratings of the closest competing channel to lead the English general entertainment genre year to date, according to data from Kantar Media Singapore/Philippines and Nielsen Media Research Malaysia.
In particular, AXN’s HD viewership in Malaysia saw tremendous growth. AXN HD’s ratings in 2012 doubled that of 2011, while the 2013 figure tripled that of 2012, according to Nielsen Media Research Malaysia.
In addition to rising HD viewership, AXN’s strong ratings in 2013 have been driven by its thrilling line-up of programmes including original production The Apprentice Asia; suspense thriller The Blacklist, starring James Spader; AXN original drama series Hannibal; the latest seasons of the Emmy-winning singing competition series The Voice; the recently-launched adventure reality competition series The Hero, hosted by Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson; along with popular returning dramas like CSI, NCIS: Los Angeles and Falling Skies.
“AXN was created and launched here more than 16 years ago and continues to be the favourite international channel for audiences across Southeast Asia. Its strong ratings reflect the pay-TV market’s healthy appetite for our brand of Asia-produced original content and fresh Hollywood shows,” said Yan Jong Wong, Vice President, English Content, Networks, Asia, Sony Pictures Television.
AXN’s 2014 line-up includes the third and latest season of British hit drama Sherlock, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman; the sixth season of The Voice; as well as the fourth season of popular crime procedural Hawaii Five-0. Viewers will also enjoy the second season of Hannibal and the new regional co-production Cyril: Viva Magic, AXN’s third special featuring Japanese magician Cyril, who will be entertaining crowds in Brazil with his feats of wonder.
- ‘The Rookie’ starring Nathan Fillion is coming to AXN Asia starting 23 February 108 views | posted on February 19, 2021
- Viu to showcase 11 new Korean dramas in February and March 90 views | posted on February 19, 2021
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 58 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020