HBO Originals to premiere in Asia within a week of U.S. debut
Singapore – HBO Asia has announced that from November 2013, new HBO Originals will premiere in Asia within one week of their debut in the United States.
HBO Asia subscribers across 23 territories will be able to watch premieres of HBO Original productions within one week of their airing in the U.S., starting with the HBO Original Movie Mike Tyson – Undisputed Truth, followed by HBO Original Series Getting On, Ja’mie Private School Girl and Treme S4.
“By narrowing the gap to within one week of a premiere shown in the U.S. and Asia, fans of HBO Originals in Asia will now be able to enjoy new series and new seasons of their favourite award-winning programmes such as Game of Thrones, Girls, The Newsroom, True Blood and Veep on HBO Asia’s bouquet of channels much sooner. This applies also to CINEMAX Original Series like Banshee and Strike Back, as well as HBO Original Movies and HBO Documentaries,” says Magdalene Ew, Head, Marketing, Creative and Content, HBO Asia. “Bringing forward the HBO and CINEMAX Originals premieres in Asia is vital in HBO Asia’s on-going efforts against piracy.”
- GMA Network launches new digital channel ‘Heart of Asia’ 70 views | posted on July 2, 2020
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 59 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 55 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 43 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020