Tel Aviv, Israel – Tvinci, the pay-OTT platform provider nominated for five industry awards at IBC 2013, has announced that its award-winning OTT 2.0 platform will power a new over-the-top (OTT) TV service in the Philippines called Blink.
“We have chosen to work with Tvinci and Deluxe OnDemand because of the confidence of the Hollywood studios in these partners and their track record in the digital media business,” said Ronan K Deguzman, Chief Operating Officer of Omni and Executive Vice President of Solar Entertainment, a large buyer of Hollywood content in Southeast Asia.
“We are delighted that our OTT 2.0 platform has been selected to power Blink – the most innovative TV service in the Philippines. Blink offers a personal and social TV service using our platform to manage content, users, devices, business rules and user experience. Blink is set to provide consumers in the Philippines with a transformed viewing experience,” said Ofer Shayo, CEO, Tvinci. “The quality of the content provided by Deluxe OnDemand is superb and their content services – ingestion, encoding, encryption and streaming – provide their customers with exceptionally high quality video. It is a pleasure to work with Deluxe OnDemand on Blink, and I believe that the Tvinci-Deluxe OnDemand partnership is a winning formula for any service provider.”
Ofer Shayo continued: “Asia is a particularly exciting market for us, with increasing uptake of broadband in the region providing improved bandwidth and ever more connected consumers. This is Tvinci’s second major Asian deployment in 2013, and we are looking ahead to further future expansion in the region.”
Tvinci’s OTT 2.0 platform also supports VOD, subscription VOD and pay-per-view models that will allow Blink to expand by creating packages based on language and/ or currencies across its international entertainment and sports content.
Blink will be deployed with a fast time to market by deploying Tvinci’s turnkey solution with front-end templates and support for multi-tenancy. The service will be deployed across PCs, Macs and iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. Tvinci’s support of multiple currencies, business models, dubbing and subtitles will future proof Blink and the service’s expansion across other territories in Asia.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 87 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 83 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 80 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020