IMTV partners Irdeto to launch BIGTV service in Indonesia
To secure premium content on BIGTV, IMTV is relying on Irdeto Cloaked CA. By replacing the need for smart cards, Cloaked CA eliminates the operational and logistics costs that would otherwise be required to ship and manage cards, thus lowering the total cost of ownership for IMTV.
“Pay-TV market penetration is only four percent out of 40 to 45 million television households in Indonesia, so the growth opportunity is tremendous,” said Felix Ali Chendra, CEO, IMTV. “We selected Irdeto because they are the leader in pay-TV security in Southeast Asia and have an excellent track record of working with leading operators and broadcasters across the world. As a new entrant in Indonesia’s competitive and vibrant pay-TV market, that is precisely the kind of experience and knowledge we were looking for.”
Analyst firm Pyramid Research forecasts pay-TV penetration in Indonesia to increase to nearly seven percent by 2015. Given this growth curve, IMTV is targeting 10 million subscribers over the next five years. BIGTV presents subscribers with a wide selection of channels including specialised offerings such as dialect language programmes and niche sports telecasts.
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 53 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021