CCTV and Shixi TV acquire NORDIC WORLD formats
Oslo – Nordic World, the programme-sales alliance established by the Nordic region’s key broadcasters, reports licence deals in China for three of its top-performing formats: Farm Factor, 2 Minutes of Fame, and Hotel Zimmerfrei. The deals, which were brokered by Ann Christin Siljan, director of sales and acquisition, reflect the Nordic distributor’s growing presence across Asia, which is currently experiencing an explosive growth in formats activity.
Cwmni Da/Good Company Productions’ agricultural reality format Farm Factor and New Media Vision’s against-the-clock talent quest 2 Minutes of Fame have both been licensed by state broadcast network CCTV 7, which has commissioned 8 x 48 mins runs of both series. Farm Factor, which has also been optioned in five European territories as well as New Zealand, is now heading into its fifth season in Wales and is set to premiere on DR Denmark in October.
Both the CCTV 7 deals were facilitated by London and Shanghai-based IPCN, which specialises in helping international content producers to respond to China’s growing demand for quality content. Since its formation in 2007, IPCN has been instrumental in launching several award-winning formats into China, including China’s Got Talent, The Voice of China, So You Think You Can Dance and Supernanny.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,467 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 96 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 94 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 72 views | posted on August 4, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020