Thailand to hold first digital TV licence auction
According to The Nation, the head of the broadcasting committee of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) Natee Sukonrat confirmed this after his panel approved in principle the first draft information memorandum (IM) to govern the auction of 24 licences.
“The broadcasting committee needs to revise some details in this draft before its final approval next Monday to begin furthering the process of digitising the terrestrial TV broadcasting industry,” Natee said.
Once the IM is in place on August 27, 2013, potential bidders will be invited to apply for the spectrum auction. The broadcasting panel has set the application period for October 28-29, 2013, according to the report, and qualified bidders will be named within 45 days after the closure of applications.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 106 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 65 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020