Thailand to hold first digital TV licence auction
According to The Nation, the head of the broadcasting committee of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) Natee Sukonrat confirmed this after his panel approved in principle the first draft information memorandum (IM) to govern the auction of 24 licences.
“The broadcasting committee needs to revise some details in this draft before its final approval next Monday to begin furthering the process of digitising the terrestrial TV broadcasting industry,” Natee said.
Once the IM is in place on August 27, 2013, potential bidders will be invited to apply for the spectrum auction. The broadcasting panel has set the application period for October 28-29, 2013, according to the report, and qualified bidders will be named within 45 days after the closure of applications.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 86 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 77 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 76 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Silvergate Media prepares to launch season two of award-winning animated series ‘Hilda’ 52 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020