Copenhagen – Octoshape, an industry leader in cloud-based streaming technology, announced that its Infinite HD-M technology has been selected to power video distribution over-the-top (OTT) to Da Ai TV selected set-top boxes and connected devices across the globe. Taiwan-based Da Ai TV is a subsidiary of the Tzu Chi Foundation, a Buddhist organisation known for its selfless contributions to society in charity, medicine, education and culture.
“It is very important for our foundation to provide the message of Tzu Chi to our members anywhere in the world,” said James Ho, Associate General Manager of Da Ai TV. “Our goal is to reach as many people as possible with the message of Tzu Chi, so those people can reach out and touch the hearts of others. With Octoshape-powered streaming we are now able to reach geographical markets where traditional internet streaming technologies cannot perform.”
In an effort to extend the reach of its tailored programming, Da Ai TV will use Octoshape’s Infinite HD-M technologies to stream news, drama, parenting, science, medical, environmental, and cultural content to members and followers of the Tzu Chi Foundation. The Tzu Chi Foundation will also use the platform as a new means of communicating with its members to assist in organising global first responder relief efforts, and other charitable humanitarian initiatives.
The Infinite HD-M solution enables TV quality, TV scale and TV economics for broadband TV over unmanaged IP networks by utilising existing infrastructure in the telco and operator network. Infinite HD-M enables large volumes of broadband TV to be delivered efficiently over last mile networks without requiring the vast infrastructure upgrades necessary with traditional video delivery platforms.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 87 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 83 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 81 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020