Hong Kong – Asia Broadcast Satellite (ABS) has confirmed the build of ABS-2A, a multi-beam 48 transponder Ku- satellite which will be launched in the fourth quarter of 2015 to ABS’ prime 75°E location. ABS-2A will follow ABS-2, the largest satellite to be launched over Asia scheduled in late 2013.
With 2.6 GHz of Ku-band spectrum, ABS-2A nearly doubles the available Ku-band frequencies available at 75°E. Together with ABS-2, ABS-2A will deliver a total of 100 x 54MHz Ku-band capacity to 75°E to a growing list of DTH customers, VSAT operators and Maritime & Mobility customers.
ABS-2A with 7.5kW of payload power is the second of the four Boeing 702SP all electric satellites that ABS is purchasing from Boeing Satellite Systems International in partnership with Satmex. ABS-2A, along with ABS-3A, is part of the 702SP production line, an all electric propulsion satellite that minimises the spacecraft’s mass and maximises available payload. It will be dual launched with its co-passenger Satmex-9, on SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket, in the fourth quarter of 2015.
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 81 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 73 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 44 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 35 views | posted on April 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020