Euronews has signed two agreements to expand its presence in Southeast Asia. It has increased its Malaysian distribution by +70%, joining one of the country’s major operators, Asian Broadcasting Network (ABN), to increase its digital cable distribution with 50,000 new subscribed households.
The Malaysian “Basic Pack” subscribers now have access to Euronews’ English and soon also to its Arabic service. This agreement will extend Euronews’ broadcasting on top of its existing broadcasting via IPTV with Telekom Malaysia since 2010. The channel is now received by more than 80,000 Malaysian households. Separately, Euronews has also signed an agreement with the Philippine Cable Television Association (PCTA) for the distribution of Euronews on the cable networks of PCTA member operators. Euronews now reaches 65,000 households and is broadcast in about 500 hotels in the Southeast Asian archipelago. International news from a European perspective is accessible in English to all subscribers.
In APAC, there are almost eight million homes currently receiving Euronews (Afghanistan, Australia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Mongolia, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand).
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 49 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 47 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020