MEASAT Satellite Systems Sdn. Bhd. has begun trials with Ericsson to demonstrate the ability to provide live Ultra High Definition TV (UHDTV) video contribution over MEASAT’s satellite network. Ericsson and MEASAT will be demonstrating a live solution at BroadcastAsia 2013, Asia’s largest representative, integrated show for the pro-audio, film and TV industries. The system shows how UHDTV premium coverage such as live sport can be broadcast today.
The Ericsson solution that it has in place for the UHDTV trial uses Ericsson’s AVP 2000 contribution encoders and RX8200 advanced modular receivers. Ericsson has also employed its Simulsync technology to ensure that the delivery of the UHDTV images remains in sync.
“MEASAT looks forward to supporting UHDTV across Asia, beginning with this trial on our high-powered MEASAT-3 satellite. UHDTV will take consumer expectations for high quality picture to a new level. We are therefore ensuring that the necessary solutions and systems are in place to deliver the next generation of TV services that meet evolving consumer demand,” said Jarod Lopez, Vice President, Broadcast Sales, MEASAT. “We are excited about the UHDTV trial using Ericsson’s reliable and efficient solution and will ensure that we have the infrastructure in place to distribute and broadcast 4K content over satellite in a reliable and robust manner.”
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 175 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 109 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 101 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 41 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020