Wall Street Journal reports that John Malone’s international cable business Liberty Global Inc., has put its Chellomedia television channel business up for sale, in a move that could lead to a deal valued at between $800 million and $1 billion, according to people familiar with the matter. Liberty Global, based in Englewood, Colo., owns a collection of broadband networks in more than a dozen countries including Germany and Belgium. Chellomedia is Liberty Global’s content division, producing and distributing TV channels in a variety of genres including sports, movies and cooking.
The report adds that Liberty Global, whose chairman is Mr. Malone, about a month ago hired advisers to help arrange a deal and is in talks with a handful of suitors, according to one of the people. The business is expected to attract content providers and television networks. Wall Street Journal adds that it is possible the talks could lead to a partial or full sale, a joint venture or no deal at all, one of the people said. Should a deal be struck, it could come by the fall, this person added.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 74 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 54 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 51 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 48 views | posted on March 1, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020