MCOT, appleTOOL and VIMN Asia enter strategic alliance in Thailand
Thailand – MCOT Public Company Limited has entered into a strategic alliance with Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) Asia, a division of Viacom Inc., and appleTool Co. Ltd, a local general entertainment content provider and subsidiary of VR1 Media Group, to collaborate on production, licensing, and distribution and live events for MTV Thailand. This follows an announcement on an exclusive licensing agreement between VIMN and appleTool to bring back MTV Thailand.
At a signing ceremony in front of Thai media and trade partners, MCOT also announced a licensing agreement with VR1 Media Group to offer a Nickelodeon branded block on MCOT’s Modernine that will launch on June 22.
Plans for MTV Thailand include local productions, on-ground events and an enhanced range of programmes specially catered for the Thai youth market, including the “MTV VJ Hunt” for Thailand. The selected MTV VJs will become the extension of the brand’s personality in Thailand, present MTV Thailand’s original productions, and introduce viewers to the hottest local and international talents.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 266 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 83 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 71 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021