MCOT, appleTOOL and VIMN Asia enter strategic alliance in Thailand
Thailand – MCOT Public Company Limited has entered into a strategic alliance with Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) Asia, a division of Viacom Inc., and appleTool Co. Ltd, a local general entertainment content provider and subsidiary of VR1 Media Group, to collaborate on production, licensing, and distribution and live events for MTV Thailand. This follows an announcement on an exclusive licensing agreement between VIMN and appleTool to bring back MTV Thailand.
At a signing ceremony in front of Thai media and trade partners, MCOT also announced a licensing agreement with VR1 Media Group to offer a Nickelodeon branded block on MCOT’s Modernine that will launch on June 22.
Plans for MTV Thailand include local productions, on-ground events and an enhanced range of programmes specially catered for the Thai youth market, including the “MTV VJ Hunt” for Thailand. The selected MTV VJs will become the extension of the brand’s personality in Thailand, present MTV Thailand’s original productions, and introduce viewers to the hottest local and international talents.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 50 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020