Singapore – StarHub TV commercial customers will get to enjoy an all-new TV viewing experience with the launch of StarHub TV on Fibre on March 18. An Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) pay-TV service, StarHub TV on Fibre offers businesses access to crystal clear HD content and over three times as many TV channels as the existing Digital Terrestrial Television (DTTV) platform. The service will be initially available only to commercial customers such as offices, restaurants and pubs.
Delivered over the island-wide Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network (NGNBN), StarHub TV on Fibre will be able to reach current DTTV customers and beyond, effectively covering commercial customers all over Singapore. StarHub TV on Fibre customers will also enjoy prioritised, managed IPTV access as the service utilises discrete ports on the optical network terminal. With IPTV access independent of broadband activity, StarHub TV on Fibre hopes to provide a superior viewing experience in terms of picture quality, speed and navigation.
“We expect the new user interface to provide our customers with a smoother and seamless journey when interacting with the content. In addition, it will bring a new level of interactivity and personalisation to TV viewing with features such as Facebook profile integration and the ability to set unique user accounts. We will have over 100 TV channels at launch and we are constantly working with content providers to bring more channels to the service,” said Ms Lin Shu Fen, StarHub’s Vice President of Home Solutions.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,397 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 95 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 88 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 59 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020