Malaysia’s Media Prima announces key appointments
Petaling Jaya – Media Prima Berhad, Malaysia’s largest fully integrated media group, has announced three key appointments, which will take effect on March 1, 2013.
Y.Bhg Datuk Kamal Khalid has been appointed Chief Operating Officer, Group Shared Services; Ahmad Izham Omar has been named Chief Executive Officer, Television Networks; while Shareen Ooi Bee Hong assumes the role of Group Chief Marketing Officer.
Y.Bhg Datuk Kamal Khalid, Chief Operating Officer, Group Shared Services of Media Prima Berhad (above)
Datuk Kamal joined the group in May 2009 as Chief Operating Officer, Media Prima International. In his new role as Chief Operating Officer, Group Shared Services of Media Prima Berhad, he will oversee Business Development, Engineering Services, Airtime Management, Research, Stakeholder Management & Regulatory Affairs, Group Corporate Communications, Content Acquisition and Pay Channels (which includes the subscription based EMAS Channel).
Ahmad Izham Omar, Chief Executive Officer, Television Networks (above)
In his new role as Chief Executive Officer of Television Networks, En. Izham will lead and oversee Media Prima’s four free-to-air stations, namely TV3, 8TV, ntv7 and TV9. En. Izham brings extensive experience to the job – In 2011, he was appointed Chief Operating Officer, Television Networks and Chief Executive Officer of Primeworks Studios.
Shareen Ooi Bee Hong, Group Chief Marketing Officer, Media Prima Berhad (above)
In her new role as the Group Chief Marketing Officer of Media Prima Berhad, Ooi will entail overseeing and coordinating Integrated Marketing and Group Sales. She will relinquish her role as Chief Marketing Officer, TV Networks.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 51 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 46 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 41 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 38 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020