International fans of “Top Gear” get new second-screen app
When the new series of Top Gear UK returns to TV screens on BBC channels across the world next month – just days after UK transmission – a brand new second-screen app from BBC Worldwide will accompany the international broadcasts for the first time in the show’s history.
The app, titled “Top Gear Bingo!”, was developed using UK-based Monterosa’s LViS platform, and encourages viewers to look out for well known phrases, cars and items synonymous with the hit motoring entertainment programme, ticking them off on their screens in a similar style to a traditional bingo game. The free-to-play web app is accessible via the local BBC channel’s website where viewers can invite friends to join them through Facebook, comparing scores while playing along with the LIVE broadcast. A brand new game is available with every episode.
Tom McDonnell, Commercial Director at Monterosa, said, “LViS is our versatile platform that allows us to quickly and economically develop fantastic second-screen apps that can live anywhere and scale globally. Working with BBC Worldwide, we’re giving fans a way to enhance their viewing experience and broadcasters a new way to activate sponsorships and to create additional advertising opportunities through the second-screen. It’s an exciting time for second-screen and we’re proud that LViS is becoming the best way to make and deploy global apps for mainstream TV shows.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 45 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020