BREAKING: MDA fines SingTel mio S$180,000 for TV service disruption
Singapore – The Media Development Authority (MDA) has fined SingTel S$180,000 for a disruption to its mio TV service on 13 May 2012.
Investigations revealed the island-wide disruption affected some 115,000 mio TV subscribers who were tuning-in to the concluding matches of the 2011/2012 Barclays Premier League (BPL) season on 13 May 2012. Some of the affected areas included Yishun, Choa Chu Kang, Clementi, Bukit Timah, Toa Payoh, Marine Parade, Punggol and Pasir Ris. Viewers experienced reception issues including intermittent screen freezes and blurred images from 10.15pm onwards. Full service quality was only restored at around 12.15am after the televised matches concluded.
Investigations traced the cause of the service disruption to the higher level of channel switching activity among subscribers while viewing the live BPL matches, which led to network congestion and resulted in reception difficulties for the subscribers.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 54 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 50 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 41 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020