The Jim Henson Company expands international distribution department
Los Angeles, California –The Jim Henson Company’s Global Distribution division continues to expand both its business and its team following the success of its children’s properties such as Dinosaur Train, Pajanimals and Sid The Science Kid, and the expansion of its third party licensing and distribution label, HIP (Henson Independent Properties) which includes The Annoying Orange.
Richard Goldsmith, EVP of Global Distribution for The Jim Henson Company, announced the promotion of Andrew Thomas to Director of Global Distribution, Sales & Marketing, and the appointments of Karen Lee Arbeeny to the newly formed position of Executive Director, Distribution Business Affairs; Casie Shapiro as Director, Global Distribution, Sales; and Adam Lucas as the Distribution Coordinator. All will report to Goldsmith while Arbeeny will also report to the company’s General Counsel.
In his new role, Andrew Thomas will focus on television sales worldwide and will support the company’s clients in the TV, DVD and distribution sectors by devising marketing and promotional campaigns. Thomas, who previously served as Manager, Global Distribution, Sales & Marketing, has been with The Jim Henson Company for nearly three years, working on a variety of distribution-related sales and marketing initiatives. Prior to joining the company, he was a business development consultant at Rehab Entertainment and Consulting, Inc.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 87 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 82 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 79 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020