Zodiak Rights takes on new Sound of Music doco
Zodiak Rights, the international division of Zodiak Media has announced a new acquisition titled Climbed Every Mountain (1 x 60’), produced by UK Indie Northern Upstart.
In this brand new one hour film, the astonishing true story behind one of the most popular films ever made, The Sound of Music, is told by Nicholas Hammond who played Friedrich Von Trapp in the most famous family film of all time. The blockbuster 1965 movie starring Julie Andrews has been seen by over a billion people and continues to captivate generation after generation with its unique message of love and innocence. However, Salzburg, where the story began, has only recently hosted its first ever performance of the musical.
The documentary follows Nicholas returning to Austria to discover why bizarrely the city seems to resent the film that put it on the map. He meets locals who remember Maria Von Trapp being far from the angel portrayed in the film and discovers the astonishing drive and determination that she brought to the baron and his family. Nicholas also travels to Stowe in Vermont where the family settled after their escape from the Nazis to recreate a little bit of Austria of their own, and is privileged to meet the Von Trapps that run the estate and the 98 year old Maria Von Trapp – the only surviving child of the original seven children.
The film includes rare and unseen footage of the Von Trapps in the 1950s, beautiful home movies shot by Nicholas Hammond’s mother during the shooting of the movie, and tells the real story behind the family favourite Christmas classic. BBC Two is set to air the UK documentary this winter.
Zodiak Rights own worldwide distribution rights to the international version of Climbed Every Mountain.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 266 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 83 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 71 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021