CNN has reported that actor Larry Hagman, who played the role of television’s iconic villains J.R. Ewing of Dallas died Friday, according to a family statement posted on Hagman’s official website. He was 81. It was stated in the website that Hagman had passed away at a Dallas hospital of complications from cancer.
Statement from Warner Bros., Dallas executive producers Cynthia Cidre and Michael M. Robin, and the show’s cast and crew:
Larry Hagman was a giant, a larger-than-life personality whose iconic performance as J.R. Ewing will endure as one of the most indelible in entertainment history. He truly loved portraying this globally recognized character, and he leaves a legacy of entertainment, generosity and grace. Everyone at Warner Bros. and in the “Dallas” family is deeply saddened by Larry’s passing, and our thoughts are with his family and dear friends during this difficult time.
Larry Hangman’s new Dallas is set to premiere on this Thursday(November 29th, 9pm SIN/10pm MAL), exclusively first in Asia with WarnerTV.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 92 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 57 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 54 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 53 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020