London– BBC iPlayer, the BBC’s VOD service, has launched on Sky+, bringing the best of the BBC’s TV programmes directly to more than 6.7 million homes with a Sky+HD box and broadband connection.
Audiences can access BBC iPlayer directly from Sky’s on-demand programme guide, and choose from many of the BBC’s popular shows, including Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing and EastEnders. BBC iPlayer is available alongside catch-up TV from Sky, ITV, Channel 5, with Channel 4’s 4oD to be added early next year, completing the line-up of free-to-air terrestrial catch-up TV services on Sky+. Sky On Demand also offers on-demand access to shows from a other channels including UKTV, MTV and Discovery, in addition to movies on demand and drama series such as Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men and Stella.
BBC iPlayer has been integrated into Sky’s existing electronic programme guide and on-demand menus. It contains a number of features that make it easier for Sky customers to find the BBC programmes they want, with content categorized under channel, day and genre. Regional and signed programmes are also available through dedicated categories. Once a customer has made their choice, the programme is downloaded directly to their Sky+ planner for them to watch at a time that suits them.
The BBC on-demand service is available on over 650 platforms and devices. By launching on Sky+, BBC iPlayer is now available on every major UK television platform at no extra charge, bringing the service to up to 6.7 million Sky homes. Sky customers simply need to activate their On Demand service and connect their Sky+HD box to their broadband router to enjoy this catch-up service.
“We continue to put Sky customers in control, with the addition of BBC iPlayer to Sky+ sitting alongside a range of innovations including remote record, series link and now even being able to use your iPad as a remote control,” said Luke Bradley-Jones, Director of TV Products, Sky.
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 76 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 54 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 45 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020