Singapore’s media regulator MDA gets new CEO
Ms Koh Lin-Net will be appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Media Development Authority (MDA), with effect from 1 November 2012. Ms Koh succeeds Mr Aubeck Kam, who will relinquish his appointment on 31 October 2012.
Ms Koh is currently the Deputy Secretary (Trade) at the Ministry of Trade and Industry, a post she has held since 2008. Koh has a Masters in Business Administration from Harvard Business School.
Mr Aubeck Kam, 42, joined MDA as its CEO on 1 November 2010. Under his leadership, MDA made significant contributions to the development of the media industry. The MDA Grant Schemes were revamped to provide greater and more flexible support to the media sector, at the same time placing greater emphasis on the development of quality content, talent up-skilling and raising productivity. He also played a key role in enhancing support for public broadcasting, and spearheaded the implementation of quality public service broadcast programmes to be delivered across different media platforms in step with changing consumer habits.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 97 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 79 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 67 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Astro presents compelling vernacular content for December 49 views | posted on December 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020