MIPCOM 2012: Singapore’s MDA announces fruitful trip
Singapore – Marking Singapore’s 12th expedition to one of the world’s largest audiovisual and digital content market—MIPCOM—the Media Development Authority’s (MDA) has announced successful international sale, and distribution and co-production deals for factual, drama and animation content during MIPCOM 2012 last week in Cannes.
Compared to MIPCOM 2011, the participation rate of Singapore companies at this year’s event has increased 18%, including a good mix of TV production companies, animation companies, and content distribution companies.
Some of the announcements made include M2B’s (M2B World Asia Pacific) launch of WOWtv Apps on Samsung Smart TVs and Samsung GALAXY devices. Singapore-based M2B signed a technological partnership with Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd to use M2B’s WOWtv platform to distribute rich media and entertainment content to over 130 countries worldwide.
Boutique distribution company Bomanbridge Media Singapore, meanwhile, has signed a deal with Finnish company Intervisio for Angel’s Gate, the world’s first transmedia business reality format. Angel’s Gate is a unique 360-degree, multimedia programme that gives entrepreneurs the opportunity of a lifetime to pitch their dream business ideas to some of Asia’s most successful investors.
Another successful deal is Monstrou Studio Singapore’s US$5 million animation co-production agreement with Spanish production house Sweatbox and Televisio de Catalunya for Nightbreeds, a 26-episode 3D action-adventure cartoon series targeted at children aged 9 – 12. The animated series is scheduled to be aired on Televisio de Catalunya (TV3) at the end of 2014, leveraging Monstrou Studio’s unique Vicon Motion Capture system technology facility (MoCap) and Sweatbox’s wealth of experience from its earlier successes, including the international, award-winning TV animated feature Talma and the Myth of Agartha and the Academy Award-nominated animated feature Chico & Rita.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 66 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020