Katy Xu appointed BBC Advertising’s Regional Director for Hong Kong & Greater China
BBC Advertising, part of BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, has today announced the appointment of Katy Xu as Regional Director for Hong Kong & Greater China.
Xu will be responsible for BBC Advertising’s business in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, Phillipines and China, and starts with immediate effect. She will be based in Hong Kong and will report to Sunita Rajan, SVP Sales Asia.
Xu joins BBC Advertising from Eurosport Asia Pacific Co. Ltd, where she was Regional Account Director (Greater China, Thailand and Singapore) for two years. Previous to that, she was Regional Sales Manager for both Greater China and South East Asia at Microsoft Advertising, and Regional Account Director (Asia Pacific) for MTV Asia LDC.
Key achievements over her past 12 years of international media background have included helping major Chinese brands such as Haier and Huawei launch their first ever international advertising campaigns – Haier sponsoring MTV Asia Awards in 2006, and Huawei (device) sponsoring the broadcast of London 2012 on Eurosport.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 203 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 52 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 38 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 37 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020