Halifax, Los Angeles, London, Toronto, Vancouver – DHX Media, a leading international producer and distributor of television programming and interactive content, has entered into an agreement to acquire Cookie Jar Entertainment to create Canada’s largest independent children’s entertainment company, bringing together globally recognised brands seen in over 160 countries.
The deal is expected to be completed in mid-October, subject to a number of conditions including the receipt of shareholder and regulatory approvals.
The combined company will significantly expand the business activities of rights exploitation and brand management across its own and third party titles. Properties will include Yo Gabba Gabba!, Rastamouse, Franny’s Feet, Animal Mechanicals, Kid vs. Kat, Angela Anaconda, Inspector Gadget, Care Bears, The Doodlebops and Johnny Test.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 87 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 68 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 67 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020