BBC’s international news services global audience hits 239 million
BBC’s international news services which includes BBC World News, BBC World Service and bbc.com, has hit global weekly audience estimates of 239 million. These figures were driven by the performance of BBC Arabic and BBC Persian services as tumultuous events in the Middle East and North Africa get unfolded, causing audiences to turn to the BBC for independent news they could trust.
In the past year, BBC’s Arabic Service has seen a record rise in audiences with 25 million adults tuning in weekly. BBC Persian TV has doubled its reach in Iran, with an audience of 6 million people despite facing a campaign of censorship and intimidation by the Iranian authorities. Also, BBC’s English language radio programming on the BBC World Service has also performed well with audiences holding firm at an overall of about 44 million.
The global audiences for BBC World Service, BBC World News and bbc.com were 145 million for radio, 97 million for television and 30 million for online, which includes a 20% increase for BBC World Service online. The bbc.com mobile site reached 2.7 million users per week, reflecting a 30% increase from 2011 as well.
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 95 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 95 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 90 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 45 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020