Prime TV and CBS Studios International conclude volume licensing deal
Los Angeles – Prime TV has signed a multiyear, studio volume deal with CBS Studios International, which gives Prime exclusive free-to-air broadcasting rights in New Zealand to a broad range of new series that the Hollywood studio produces from the start of the new US television season in the fall of 2012, such as Elementary and Vegas.
Karen Bieleski, Head of Prime TV, said in a statement that the volume licensing deal is Prime’s first and represents a very exciting opportunity for the channel. “Our agreement with CBS Studios International will enhance our current schedule in both primetime and off-peak, allowing us to offer a far greater variety of quality daytime content including talk shows, entertainment news and factual programming,” she said.
“This is a turning point for Prime TV. Over the past six years we have worked hard to rebuild the channel’s financial structure and we are thrilled that we are now further enhancing our commitment to quality free-to-air television in New Zealand with our agreement with CBS Studios International,” she added.
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 77 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 59 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 50 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 45 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020