New York/ Mumbai – History channel in India has become the number two factual entertainment channel, since its launch in October. This has led to a growth in the country’s factual entertainment genre viewership by 30 per cent, according to TAM Media Research. The Indian research firm also reported that History India scored the highest time spent watching per viewer among all factual channels, beating established competitors such as Discovery and National Geographic. Ajay Chacko, President A+E Networks I TV18, said that the network has already achieved the goals it set. “Our objective wasn’t just to compete with the existing players, but also to help grow the overall pie”. History launched in HD across all major markets in India on 9 October, reaching 45 million viewers within its first month. The channel also debuted in six languages – English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali and Marathi – more than any other factual entertainment channel in the market.
- The Singapore High Court has blocked dozens of illicit streaming sites 75 views | posted on July 8, 2020
- Banijay unveils new identity and portfolio 69 views | posted on July 8, 2020
- Ampverse and POPS Worldwide collaborate to create video gaming content series 63 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- Nippon TV’s hit smartphone game, ‘HunterxHunter’ expands to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau 60 views | posted on July 10, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020