New York/ Mumbai – History channel in India has become the number two factual entertainment channel, since its launch in October. This has led to a growth in the country’s factual entertainment genre viewership by 30 per cent, according to TAM Media Research. The Indian research firm also reported that History India scored the highest time spent watching per viewer among all factual channels, beating established competitors such as Discovery and National Geographic. Ajay Chacko, President A+E Networks I TV18, said that the network has already achieved the goals it set. “Our objective wasn’t just to compete with the existing players, but also to help grow the overall pie”. History launched in HD across all major markets in India on 9 October, reaching 45 million viewers within its first month. The channel also debuted in six languages – English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali and Marathi – more than any other factual entertainment channel in the market.
Ad – Before Content
- Netflix announces ‘Rana Naidu’ starring Rana Daggubati and Venkatesh Daggubati
- The Q announces the world television premiere of the critically-acclaimed series ‘Aashram’
- Ferly and Wild Child Animation attach leading comedians to ‘Butthole Biscuits’
- DCD Rights sees factual series go global
- HITS and HITS Movies to debut on Macau Cable TV
- Wildbear Entertainment’s ‘Hating Peter Tatchell’ launches this week on Netflix Australia and New Zealand