Rick Ellis, Chief Executive of State broadcaster Television New Zealand (TVNZ) announced his resignation today. Company chairman Sir John Anderson said Ellis would be joining Australia’s Telstra from January next year. Ellis will be in charge of a new Telstra division called Telstra Digital Media, overseeing the telco’s Sensis, Bigpond, Trading Post and IPTV businesses, and Telstra’s partnership with Foxtel. Anderson acknowledged Ellis’s 10 years of service as TVNZ chief executive, during which time TV One and TV2 “consolidated their leadership position in the New Zealand free-to-air television market, and the company diversified into digital media areas including on-line, pay TV channels, and new digital free-to-air channels.” Telstra’s chief executive David Thodey said the company plans to spend A$100 million over the next four years to upgrade its media infrastructure.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 203 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 38 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 35 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020