London – Endemol announced that Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific, Inc, has acquired the animated children’s series, The 99, for their Cartoon Network Indian and Southeast-Asian feeds. The animated series is based on the popular superhero comic books and centers around a group of youngsters from across the globe, who come into possession of 99 mystical and ancient Noor Stones (Stones of Light) which endow each of them with a superhuman power. The 99 has been produced in full 3D CGI by Endemol UK in association with Teshkeel Meda, with the animation work being completed in India by Sanraa Media. To date, the series has sold to the Middle East (MBC3), Ireland (RTE), Turkey (ATV Kids), with distribution set to expand in additional territories including Australia.
Ad – Before Content
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches brand new CM+ channel on Singtel TV in Singapore
- ATEME enables DL Gtpl to launch cable headend In India
- Southern Cross Austereo chooses MediaHub Australia to manage and deliver Sky News Regional Channels across Australia
- Astro expands its OTT aggregation play with TVB Anywhere+ App
- Vishal Bhardwaj and Netflix come together for the upcoming spy-thriller ‘Khufiya’
- ZEE5 Global launches Original web series ‘Pavitra Rishta – It’s Never Too Late’