Taipei – LI TV HOLDINGS (Li) is continuing its expansion in Asia, launching in Taiwan on kbro, a cable platform; Chunghwa Telecom MOD, an IPTV platform; as well as the IPTV arm of Hong Kong Broadband Network, bbTV in Hong Kong. According to Li, these landings have increased the channel’s subscriber base to more than 100,000 in Taiwan alone. The channel airs on kbro channel 206 within the basic tier (HD99 pack), and Chunghwa Telecom MOD channel 089 within the basic tier (Digital Basic Pack) and Hong Kong Broadband’s bbTV channel 322 (a la carte). These latest landings follow Li’s partnership with Star Publications (M) Bhd., in which the latter acquired a 51 per cent stake for RM35 million (US$11.7 million). Li’s expansion in Taiwan is also timely at this juncture, in time with calls by the Taiwanese government to promote digitization.
Ad – Before Content
- Asia’s growing appetite for the C-drama wave (Part two)
- Asia’s growing appetite for the C-drama wave
- Discovery, Inc. names Anil Jhingan as President and Managing Director, Asia Pacific
- Viacom18 Consumer Products launches an exclusive range of Garfield merchandise
- Thailand pay-TV services market revenue to reach US$1.1 billion in 2026, forecasts GlobalData
- Singapore Media Festival 2021: Connecting our content creators to global media players and audiences