Singapore – Winter arrived 56 floors above Orchard Road on Thursday, when HBO premiered episode one of its new series Game of Thrones (GOT), at an exclusive media event at Ion Sky, which TV ASIA Plus attended. Described at the event as “Lord of the Rings except with more sex”, the 10-part series is based on George R. R. Martin’s best selling fantasy novel series, A Song of Ice and Fire and will premiere on HBO Asia on 28 August 2011 at 10pm (9pm Thailand, Jakarta). The show will also be available on HBO’s free On Demand service and HBO HD in dual language for certain Asian territories. More than 100 watched the series pilot following ice (and fire) breaker games, appetizers and photos with the show’s iconic Iron Throne. Season two of the show is already in production after the series won acclaim in the US, averaging 2.5 million viewers per episode and is nominated for a staggering 13 Emmy awards. Read more about how social media is playing its part in attracting Asian viewers to GOT in the next issue of TV ASIA Plus.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 49 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 45 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020