Paris – Reed MIDEM has named Anne Sweeney, Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) President and Disney Media Networks Co-chair, MIPCOM 2011 Personality of the Year, making her the first woman ever to receive the accolade. Responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s entertainment and news television properties globally, Sweeny spearheaded the industry’s move into the digital era, delivering first-ever deals of their kind in their respective markets, and helped establish DATG as a leading innovator in the global distribution marketplace. The Disney president will accept the award and give a keynote address on Wednesday 5 October, as part of MIPCOM’s Media Mastermind series of presentations. “We are extremely pleased to honour Anne Sweeney as our MIPCOM 2011 Personality of the Year in recognition of her unparalleled contributions to the global entertainment industry,” said Paul Zilk, Chief Executive of Reed MIDEM.
Ad – Before Content
- SynProNize acquires four Filipino top-rated series from GMA Network for distribution to Africa
- MTV Insights Studio launches MTV Youth Study 2021 titled ‘Atmanirbhar by Circumstance’
- Clan joins Imira/Toonz Media Group as co-producers for ‘Sunnyside Billy’
- TVU Networks offers expanded customer support and new solutions for the Beijing Winter Games
- WeWatch TV launches its Super Box powered by Android TV
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment expands distribution of Celestial Movies & CCM in Malaysia with unifi TV