Singapore – MediaCorp will debut the local version of the hit game show Money Drop on Singapore’s National Day. The game show will launch on Channel 5 on 9 August and will run in a weekly prime time slot over 13 weeks. The deal represents the first commission in Asia for The Money Drop, which was created and launched by Endemol UK last year and has so far been sold in 27 countries including the USA, UK, Australia, Germany, France, Israel, Russia, Spain and the Netherlands. Arjen van Mierlo, CEO of Endemol Asia said, “The Money Drop has been an overnight hit in the world’s biggest territories. In Singapore, viewers can look forward to white knuckle tension and the ultimate jeopardy – the chance to hold on to a million in hard cash; or watch it drop and disappear for good.” “Channel 5 is constantly looking out for fresh and innovative international formats,” added Miss Lim Suat Jien, MediaCorp Executive Vice-President, Channel 5 and okto, “We are confident that The Money Drop will garner positive viewership and support from our audience.” Endemol Asia’s other recent deals across the region include bringing Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and Big Brother to the Philippines, Show Me What You’ve Got and 1 vs. 100 to Indonesia and The Marriage Ref to China.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 104 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 42 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 33 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020