Singapore – MediaCorp will be introducing a new interactive service in the second half of 2011, delivered over broadband connection and available on TV sets, PCs, tablet devices and mobile phones. The service is free except for premium content which requires a subscription. The service will offer services leveraging on MediaCorp’s TV, radio, print and online offerings as well as third party content. Premium content includes ‘LIVE’ TV channels with interactive elements, for example, popular Chinese dramas could have ‘behind the scenes’ footage and synopses layered over the pictures, and news programmes could have accompanying maps to aid viewers’ understanding of the story being presented. The service, called Over-The-Top (OTT) in the media industry, will be available in formats suitable for different devices such as mobile phones and PCs.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 55 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 47 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 42 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 38 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020