New Delhi – Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific is launching three new 24-hour channels in India – Discovery Science, Discovery Turbo and Discovery HD. Permission for the new channels was granted by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India. The company plans to launch Discovery Science and Discovery Turbo on both analog and digital platforms, while Discovery HD, offered in 1080i along with 5.1 surround sound, will be launched on the digital platform. All three channels will be available in English. The network launches increase the breadth of Discovery’s television offering in India to six channels.
Ad – Before Content
- ZEE5 Global announces second season of ‘Never Kiss Your Best Friend’
- Asia Video Summit wraps up a week of events highlighting the resilience of the industry
- TechStorm makes landmark inaugural launch in Bangladesh
- Fremantle Australia produces new psychological drama ‘Significant Others’
- Satellite remains an essential element of video distribution alongside the growth of OTT
- Fremantle announces Season 2 of Steve Backshall’s ‘Expedition’ to launch in 144 territories