Greece, Philippines, Indonesia, India, Ukraine, Ireland, Thailand, Vietnam, Russia and Turkey are the ten fastest growing markets for broadband. Infrastructure competition, relative pricing and regulatory involvement are the common factors driving broadband growth in these countries, while demand for content in TV and VOD services is an increasingly important driver of broadband. That’s according to analyst and consulting firm Ovum, which has released a new report studying growth of broadband worldwide and key contributing factors. It benchmarks countries from Asia-Pacific, Western and Eastern Europe and the Middle East and Africa. Qualitative analysis also highlights unique market characteristics at a country level.
Ad – Before Content
- Asian Television Awards Alumni Spotlight: Formosa Television
- Fox Entertainment launches international unscripted format fund
- CJ ENM HK and Hong Kong Tourism Board hype up tourism interests with K-pop culture
- Fremantle raises the stakes with an influx of new factual programming
- Amazon launches Prime Video Channels in India
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’