Raindance and Filmzie announce the shortlist of the ‘One Minute Twist’ competition
FILMZIE is proud to announce the 14 finalists of its One Minute Twist short film competition. The competition, in partnership with Raindance, is a commitment by FILMZIE to support independent filmmakers and to provide exposure to exciting new cinematic productions.
The shortlisted films are available to view on the free streaming platform, where FILMZIE has launched a dedicated section so that its users around the world can watch all the shortlist. FILMZIE will be promoting the films and providing a prominent placement of a dedicated section on its platform to give the filmmakers the exposure their work deserves.
The final winner will receive extended distribution of their film on FILMZIE as well as tickets to the 29th Raindance Film Festival.
For the competitionFILMZIE and Raindance invited filmmakers to submit their one-minute short film inspired by the theme of a One Minute Twist. All the films in the shortlist provide an unexpected surprise twist at the end, subverting perceptions of the story, and takes inspiration from the films of directors such as M. Night Shyamalan.
With a platform consisting of content ranging from blockbusters, independent cinema, comedy and drama TV gems and documentaries available for free, FILMZIE offered budding filmmakers the opportunity to have their film distributed on their streaming service.
Juraj Vanko, Chief Marketing Officer, FILMZIE, comments “The FILMZIE streaming platform uniquely combines popular, well know titles with independent cinema – allowing users to discover hidden, often underrated gems they would not find elsewhere. Through our reach and accessibility, we broaden the audience for independent films and build the exposure for these filmmakers.
The films on this shortlist are all outstanding examples of how to tell a captivating story with a unique twist in only a minute. We hope the exposure the finalists gain helps them on their journey and that, one day, their feature length films will be among those we are vying to have on our platform.”
Elliot Grove, Raindance Founder, stated, ”We are very excited to partner with FILMZIE for this short film competition collaboration! It gives filmmakers an opportunity to be seen on the FILMZIE platform, and as well as shared and recognised across the Raindance platforms. We, here at Raindance, support independent film and filmmakers, and aim to help these filmmakers thrive, and ultimately launch their film careers, and this is a perfect opportunity for them to experience just that.”
#OneMinuteTwist Short Film Finalists
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021