MTV India and Center Fruit partner to launch World’s Most Extreme Comedy show
There is nothing in this world as mood uplifting as a laugh or good sense of humor. Keeping this as the crux, India’s leading youth entertainment brand, MTV India, has partnered with Center Fruit – Perfetti Van Melle India’s (PVMI) largest gum brand to announce a talent hunt for the world’s highest-ever comedy show to be held near Mount Everest Base Camp. As a part of the association facilitated by Wavemaker, MTV India and Center Fruit launch a co-branded comedy talent hunt show starting on 20th July, 2021.
Scheduled to be promoted extensively on MTV India’s and Center Fruit’s official digital assets, the talent hunt will give viewers a chance to send in their entries to participate in the show. Of all the entries received, selected candidates will get an opportunity to compete for the winning title on MTV-Center Fruit Comedy Base Camp which will air on MTV India. Hosted by the quick-witted Cyrus Broacha, the episodes will go on air on television later this year.
Entries will be reviewed by an interesting line-up of renowned comedians and entertainers who will come together to shortlist India’s upcoming comic sensations. Post the screening and dedicated mentoring by the judges, 5 winners will stand a once-in-a-lifetime chance to trek up to Mount Everest Base Camp and perform near it in 2022 for the grand finale. The winner of the MTV-Center Fruit Comedy Base Camp will not only take the trophy home but will also be awarded cash prizes.
Speaking about the show, Mr. Rohit Kapoor – Director Marketing, Perfetti Van Melle India said, “The comedy scene in India has grown tremendously over the last few years, but there is immense untapped potential yet. We coupled the trend of consumers indulging in a spot of comedy in their everyday lives with the natural fitment of humor as a key component of Center fruit’s brand philosophy of Mood Ting Tong (Mood upliftment) for this latest adventure. And what better platform for partnership than MTV India that understands what makes young India tick. Our association with them to offer consumers this opportunity is another collective effort to bring joy and recognize hidden talent from across the country.”
Speaking about the association, Mahesh Shetty, Head- Network Sales, Viacom18, said, “Over the years, MTV India has forayed into the passion points to create content that resonates with the youth of India. As a youth centric brand and an effective partner of choice, MTV India has been instrumental in providing the right platform to engage with the youth and provide them with an opportunity to showcase their talent. Our collaboration with Center Fruit to launch ‘MTV-Center Fruit Comedy Base Camp’ is a step further in recognizing and giving the youth an opportunity to bring forth their hidden talent. We are happy to partner with them for a unique concept that is sure to tickle the funny bone of our audiences.”
Viewers can visit the MTV website www.mtvindia.com/cbc and send in their entries online through July 20th till August 11th.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021