The historic Ratha Yatra of Lord Jagannath will commence on Monday in this pilgrim town without the usual sea of devotees and amid tight security in view of the COVID-19 pandemic. The lockdown has been eased in various parts of the country but the social distancing norm are still in place for the betterment of the society. But luckily there is good news for the devotees. This year, COLORS Odia will telecast Ratha Yatrarituals and people can watch all of them from within the safety of their homes.
Viewers shouldn’t be disheartened with the restrictions and not being able to see or touch their deity in puri badadanda because COLORS Odia brings the same experience at home. You can sit at home and see the chariots, the procession, the garlanding of the idols, can hear the blowing of the conch shells and ringing of the bells. The various rituals will be aired from 12th July including Ratha Yatra special, Bahuda Jatra on 20th July, Suna Besha on 21st July and Niladri Bije on 23rd July.
Ratha Yatra is an important festival of Hindus that is organized every year at the famous Jagannatha temple in Puri, Odisha. It is one of the oldest ratha yatras in the world. On this day, the idols of Lord Jagannath and his siblings (Goddess Subhadra and Lord Balabhadra) are decorated and brought to cover a 3-km-long journey (from Jagannath Temple to the Gundicha Temple) in chariots drawn by over hundreds of devotees, every year. The significance of the Ratha Yatra is immense for a person, who longs for spiritual merit and final liberation. It is believed that anyone who pulls the rope linked to the chariots of the deities and helps others also in doing so or merely touches the rope or chariots, gets the merit of several penances. All the paraphernalia linked to the Lord Jagannath Ratha Yatra becomes one with the deity himself.
COLORS Odia will air several rituals related to this- it will start with Ratha Yatra on 12th July from 7 am onwards, Bahuda Yatra on 20th July from 7 am onwards, Suna Besha on 21st July from 4 pm onwards and Niladri Bije on 23rd July from 4 pm onwards. Apart from that favourite celebrities will also share their fond memories of Ratha Yatra.
This would be the second year in a row that the channel would be airing Ratha Yatra for devotees sitting at home. Please watch Ratha Yatra, Bahuda Yatra, Sunabesa and Niladribijay on your favourite channel COLORS Odia from 12th July onwards!
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021