Sixteen South partners with Tencent, France Télévisions, and Technicolor on new comedy series
BAFTA-winning and EMMY® nominated children’s television creators and producers Sixteen South Originals revealed details of The Coop Troop, their fast, funny, farcical and feathery new comedy series. Currently in production, The Coop Troop ( 52 x 11’) is the first Sixteen South show for an older age group (6 -9) and their first CGI animated series.
A co-production with Tencent Kids as a Tencent Video Original in China, France Télévisions in France and Technicolor Animation Productions, The Coop Troop was co-created by Colin Williams of Sixteen South and the children’s author and illustrator Alex T. Smith. The series is due to deliver from Spring 2022 and is being produced in Northern Ireland, France and China.
The Coop Troop, a gang of five unlikely heroes: hyperactive rabbit Maggie, eccentric inventor Flo the chicken, bon vivant swine Clive, excitable yet insecure lamb Billy and enigmatic egg Jo d’Oeuf. Thirsty for adventure to escape their mundane farm life, their mission is to help any animal with a problem – and they’re kept busy by the precious and very pampered pets of nearby town of Animauville.
When their red telephone rings, somebody needs help, so the Troop set off in their ingeniously – if haphazardly – modified chicken Coop to provide it. No matter how simple the problem, The Coop Troop will always come up with a way to solve it – usually in the most roundabout, over-the-top way possible, resulting in an escalating comedy of ridiculous events as each mission snowballs out of control. As they frantically try to get things back on track they attract more chaos at every turn – but with The Coop Troop, satisfaction is always (eventually) guaranteed!
Selina She, Director of Kids’ IP Development & Programming Center at Tencent Video said: “International co-production is an important part of Tencent Kids’ strategy and we are thrilled with the results of our partnership with Sixteen South. The Coop Troop will not only hugely entertain our audience, but also show how with friendship and teamwork you can solve any problem. We can’t wait to introduce it to the world at Annecy.”
Sandrine Nguyen, Producer at Technicolor said: “We are very excited to collaborate with Sixteen South and Tencent on this wildly funny and appealing series. Our loveable bunch of heroes have their flaws but as a team they work through them to emerge stronger, which is a valuable lesson for today’s kids and one that will resonate globally.”
Sixteen South Rights is managing the global distribution rights for the series outside of France and China.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021