One Big Picture joins ‘Frankenstein’ series with BlackBox Multimedia and Stone Village TV
UK-based production company One Big Picture has boarded BlackBox Multimedia and Stone Village TV’s series adaptation of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (The Modern Prometheus). The three parties are co-producing the premium television series.
One Big Picture was co-founded by Otto Bathurst, multi-BAFTA award winning director of Peaky Blinders, His Dark Materials, Black Mirror and Robin Hood, who is now confirmed to direct. Bradley McManus (Bodyguard of Lies) is on board to write the series.
Unlike previous adaptations, this version of the classic novel will capture the nuanced behaviours and obsessions of a scientist exploring the fine thread between life and death in the context of the contemporary scientific discoveries of the last decade – and more significantly, following a year of global dependence on scientific invention and breakthrough. The series will stay true to the original work and characters, which re-defined its genre, and remains entirely modern today.
The adapted series will be a fresh take on the book with added experiential elements to update the story for modern international viewers. It will be a portal to look at the current human condition set against the vivid world of pre-Victorian Europe, as the psychological thriller of Creature and its Creator plays out, with characters and story lines that could continue in successive seasons.
Bathurst and One Big Picture have just directed and produced the forthcoming series Halo for Amblin Television, Showtime and Paramount +.
Stone Village TV is finishing production on Station Eleven for Paramount Television and HBO Max.
Bathurst and One Big Picture’s attachment was negotiated by Michael Schenkman at Goodman, Genow, Schenkman, Smelkinson & Christopher, LLP, Scott Seidel at WME and Anthony Mestriner at Casarotto Ramsay & Associates.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021