Mo-Sys™ Engineering, the world leader in virtual production and image robotics, has released a new multi-node media server solution for LED volumes to meet the demands of final pixel XR production for film and TV.
With virtual production increasing exponentially, in particular in the LED volume space, Mo-Sys utilised its 20+ years of film and broadcast technology innovation and experience to create the next step forward for XR media servers.
Mo-Sys VP Pro XR is a hardware and software solution combining multi-node nDisplay architecture, an improved VP Pro real-time compositor/synchroniser, and a new XR toolset. This XR media server system is focused on delivering cinematic capabilities and standards for Cinematographers and Focus Pullers.
The launch of VP Pro XR follows the recently announced Mo-Sys Cinematic XR Focus capability. Cinematic XR Focus allows focus pullers to pull focus between real and virtual elements in an LED volume – a world first – and is now available on VP Pro XR.
The XR space to date has been predominantly driven by live event equipment companies. Whilst these XR volumes have delivered cost savings by removing post-production compositing and lowering location costs, they have also introduced shooting limitations and an output image that isn’t yet comparable to non-real-time compositing. This was the reason behind the creation of VP Pro XR.
VP Pro XR is the first product release under Mo-Sys’ Cinematic XR initiative. The over-riding aim of Cinematic XR is to move final pixel XR production forwards in terms of image quality and shooting creativity from its initial roots using live event LED technology, to fit-for-purpose Cinematic XR technology.
Mo-Sys has outlined four key components to Cinematic XR:
Improve image fidelity
Introduce established cinematic shooting techniques to XR
Enable seamless interaction between virtual and real set elements
Innovate new hybrid workflows combining final pixel and non-real-time compositing
Mo-Sys will announce the initial VP Pro XR customers in June. VP Pro XR is available immediately.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 103 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ 47 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 44 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 39 views | posted on June 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020