Media Ranch announces European, UK, and US format options and co-development deal with Something Special
Sophie Ferron,President and Founder of award-winning format production and distribution company Media Ranch, announced multiple option deals for its virtual reality dating format, Too Shy to Date. Options were signed in the U.S., U.K., France, and The Netherlands. Media Ranch also announced a co-development deal with Korea’s Something Special, in addition to an option deal for Miracle Habits, acquired from Something Special in a format exchange partnership.
Media Ranch has signed a multi-territory option deal with Banijay for Too Shy to Date, covering Initial for the U.K, France’s Adventure Line Productions, and the Netherlands with SimpelZodiak. The show has also been optioned by Figure 8 in the U.S. The social experiment takes eight introverted people who experience social anxiety and cannot find love in real life and has them enter a virtual reality world to match with a mate! The show was originally created and produced by DR in Denmark and is part of the Media Ranch format portfolio.
Media Ranch is ramping up its original IP creation with a new co-development deal on an adventure-challenge format with top Korean format agency, Something Special. Additionally, Media Ranch closed an option in Germany with Tresor TV for Something Special’s factual celebrity healthy lifestyle format, Miracle Habits.
Tanja van der Goes, Media Ranch Senior Vice President stated: “Media Ranch is thrilled with our latest news including signing formats options in Europe, U.K. and the U.S. for Too Shy to Date – a fantastic program showcasing how virtual reality can be infused into programming to help overcome social anxiety. Additionally, as Media Ranch is known globally for its creativity, via both our Horsepower incubator and successful paper formats such as Watch!, we are pleased to extend our partnership with Korea’s Something Special to include even more original programming ideation, as well as announcing an option for their format, Miracle Habits. These projects showcase Media Ranch’s growing international creative and distribution footprint. And stay tuned for upcoming production announcements.”
Jin Woo Hwang, founder and President of Something Special stated: “We are excited to expand our wonderful partnership with Media Ranch to include format co-development and create exciting new global IP. We also are pleased that Media Ranch has taken our popular healthy lifestyle format, Miracle Habits, to Germany. We look forward to an evolving creative business collaboration with Sophie, Tanja and the team.”
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 103 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ 47 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 44 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 39 views | posted on June 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020