GlobalData: DTH, IPTV to drive pay-TV services revenue in Indonesia to US$633M in 2025
Pay-TV service revenue in Indonesia is set to grow from US$497m in 2020 to US$633m in 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5%, mainly supported by the growing DTH and IPTV subscriptions, according to GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company.
An analysis of GlobalData’s Indonesia Pay-TV Forecast Model highlights that cable TV subscriptions will decline at a CAGR of 19% between 2020 and 2025, which will however be offset by the considerable growth in DTH and IPTV subscriptions through the forecast period.
Akash Jatwala, Senior Research Analyst of Telecoms Market Data and Intelligence at GlobalData, says: “DTH will be the leading pay-TV service platform in Indonesia, in terms of subscriptions during 2020-2025, and will go on to account for 58% of the total pay-TV subscriptions by the end of 2025. IPTV, on the other hand, will see its subscriptions grow at a faster CAGR of 12% over the forecast period, primarily driven by the improving fixed broadband infrastructure in the country and growing adoption of multi-play packages with integrated IPTV service.
“Indovision will lead the Indonesia pay-TV services market, by subscription share through 2020-2025, led by its strong presence in the DTH segment while Telkom Indonesia will gain significant market share through the forecast period driven by huge subscription gains from its IPTV service segment.”
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 69 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 52 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 50 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 36 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020